26/11/12

Thoughts About Life

Thoughts About Life

As the name implies, I had thought about my life quite much for several days prior to making of this song. My life was quite a mess at the time, so this song turned out well... To be quite a mess. :P
Can't recall anymore how I came up with the riffs for this song, but I believe that it was quite the same way as I always do: some of them comes while I'm playing and some of them comes while I'm already working on the song. So it's quite like 50/50 natural and "artificial".
Propably because of the state of my life and mind at the time, this one has the piano. Somehow I tend to come up with some melodic stuff when I'm having a hard time.

What comes to the mixing, this one was left with alot of dynamics, and I like it. The song came out a bit "soft", mainly because of the bass-elements. The state of mind I was in propably had something to do with it. I might aubconsciously have done it like that, not wanting to do a "hard" song.

The piano went through Guitar Suite's Fender Twin-model, which made it sound quite dry and raw, a bit toy-like. Alone it sounds bit harsh but it comes nicely through in the mix.

Guitars sound quite dry as well, despite that there's nothing that I wouldn't have used before.

What comes to the bass-elements in this song, they sound soft, really soft. Don't know why though. And they are the ones making the whole song sound soft to my ears. Other than that the drums came out really good. All in all I think the mixing is good, despite being a little bit different.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti