Thrash Metal Deliverance
This one is kinda simple and straightforward. Not much to say about the song here, drums could have used a bit more variation though.
The mixing then, well, bassdrum is clearly too soft. It could have used some eq along with the compressor. Some mid- and high-boost to make it sound harder. Or other thing would be using the compressor differently. But well, I'm learning here and trying to improve every time. This blog is also kind of a diary of mistakes for myself. :D
Can read here my own opinions and learn from them.
The bass in this one is kinda soft too, but that hasn't bothered me. It has a quite bass-boost eq-curve. The real annoyance really is the bassdrum. Doublebass parts can be heard, but single kicks gets easily lost. I don't like it because for me it gives the feel when listening that something is missing. I learnt from old Metallca-albums that songs can be mixed so that every instrument (and every part of the instrument as in drums) can be heard. And that's where I always aim when mixing.
Guitars are crispy as always, maybe I should do some other eq-presets for them too to get some different sounds. That remains to be seen.
At this point, just sit back, relax and take a listen to this uptempo thrasherpiece.
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti