Phil Collins-hangover
This one is very natural and pure when it comes to sound. No post-compressing or EQ. And the song itself has only Fender Twin-model from SimulAnalog's Guitarsuite VST-pack. I ran guitars and bass through it.
Drums have absolutely nothing. They are as is. I liked the sound that way, because the song itself is something I don't normally do. The sound turned out to be quite well balanced with these settings. I just got the volume levels right and that's it.
What comes to the making and composing this song, this was different in many ways.
First of all, this doesn't accompany my routines to the full, because I don't have the channels like I usually do. There's only one channel for the toms and one for the bassdrum.
Second is that this has only clean guitar, that's something I have done only once before, if I remember right.
The third and biggest thing was the composing and tuning. This is so far the only song that I've done using a tuning of my own. I came across it by accident and quite instantly saw the benefits. And this whole song is build upon those.
So the whole song is composed on 3 strings and it utilizes the changes between major-, minor-, sus2- and sus4-chords. Because of the tuning those 4 are really simple to achieve and play.
I haven't used that tuning anywhere else yet because it's hard to come up with stuff on that tuning, atleast for me. But it's still a fun tuning to play with.
So, enjoy this depressive piece of music and see you next time.
Oh, and the name for the song comes from a finnish tv-cartoon called Pasila. I took it from there after my girlfriend told me that this song reminds her of the Collins' classic "Another Day In Paradise".
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti