The Modern Sound (of America)
Something quite different again. Tonally (and mixing-wise) this is something I don't normally do, but this time the song "demanded" it and I delivered.
Nu-Metal inspired piece, so the tone is middlescooped and dynamics are non-existent. So all-in-all this one was very easy to record and mix.
I talked earlier how it's easy to record a song when you know exactly what you're after. And this was it. I knew the sound I needed and I knew the way to mix, so there was no quessing games or tryouts. Just got into it and bam; finished.
This was done a little bit differently, guitar was "as is", no post eq. But instead I put it through a compressor. Bass in this one is tracked and put through some mild eq. Drums are done just like I usually do; no eq, just compressor.
After the whole thing was finished I ran it through a compressor once more and put the levels to max. Limiter came in handy and the result is what you see and hear.
I don't like the sound of this, but I just wanted to do one song of my own like this. I've mixed one other song this way too and don't like that either. :D
But I'm always looking ways to experiment and that's why I also do things that are out of my comfort zone.
I've also made one other nu-metal inspired song, but the mixing on that one is whole lot different than what I did here.
So, compressed middlescoop-shit for you. Enjoy! :P
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti