All The Witches Burn
My Duke Nukem Forever, this one was in the dark depths of my hd for some years before I came up with some riffs and got this done. This started as death-metal, as you can hear from the beginning, but got some other elements too along the way.
Mixing was kinda easy, because of the samples I used. I used the presets I normally use and with these they made some nice results. Everything can be heard and pointed out, in a way this is a perfect mix in my books.
As almost every time, this has only my basic tools; eq on the guitars and bass and comperssor on the drums. On the bass I have couple of different settings; one that is really dry and "clangy" and one that is really "boomy". Guitars on the other hand have only one setting so far, and that doesn't colour the sound too much, only makes it louder with just bit of bass-cut.
So far I haven't done any more settings regarding the eq, because I've been happy with those. That's because I use different samples every now and then and that colours the sound more than tweaking with the eq.
I always pick the setting for the bass depending on the song. As this one has really powerful drums, I picked the "boom"-bass for this. Also because it boosts the samples themselves really nice. If I would have taken the "clangy" setting it would have made the bass sound thin and just dull in the mix.
This song has a lot more bass than my mixes usually do these days, but still this is so clear mix, atleast to my untrained ear. :D
I have to say that I really love how this mix turned out and the song itself. Mix is loud and clear and the song kicks some ass.
Maybe it really needed the years of decay to become what it is now.
Tomorrow we'll look into another piece, until then: BURN THE WITCHES!
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti