21/09/12

Demons

Demons

This oldie was easy one to mix because of the samples (again). That set just is so powerful itself that mixing is easy because you don't actually need to boost or cut anything specific. Haven't done any analysis on the bass or the bassdrum, but they seem to fit together even on the low frequencies. Nothing here gets buried under anything.

I have to say that I love mixing with these samples, but then again it's not my favourite when it comes to sound. That's why I've moved from using that drumset and bass. And as it is fun to have something easy to mix, then again it gives no challenge.
And I like to challenge myself at this. And also achieve a lot more dry sound than what this song has.

The song itself, well, I like it. It's one of the good ones from the past. A mix of black and death, aggressive and ass-kicking. Once it starts it gives no mercy until it ends.
I'm very pleased with the sound. It's not overly compressed, but still it's no smokey-jazz mix either. I think the mix works well on a metal song. Or what do you think?

Enjoy! Next up will be some heavy metal.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti