25/09/12

Doomscapes

Soundscape Test (Of Doom)

Something different this time. This has actually quite little to do with mixing, but wanted to write something still. The sound in this test piece is as pure as it can. There is no post-processing after the recording. All sounds are "as is", especially the drums; there is no eq, no compressor, no nothing.

Guitar and bass comes straight from my POD XT. Guitar sound has just a Plexi Lead 100-model and Arbiter Fuzz, that's all. Bass has Jazz Chorus-model and a compressor to even a little of the volume differences between picks.

The guitar sound is something that I haven't done ever before, I usually use different models, even in fuzz-sounds (like for example JCM800 and Fuzz Pi). But this time I wanted the guitar to sound more like in the 1970's, so those usual models were out of the question. And I'm glad I did some exploring because I think I nailed it.

And the same goes with the bass and I think I got pretty close to my influence (Black Sabbath) with this setup. And all in all I really love the outcome, it's a killer sound.

Drums are far from the 1970's, but the "loose" sound works good here. At first I thought to go the same direction with the drums as well, but it turned out to be a little difficult because all my samples are too modern and they would need shitloads of eq and such. So I asked some help with the drum sound and did what I did here.

All in all the resulting sound so far is literally PURE killer. And I will keep it like this in the upcoming song.

So what's the mixing part here? Well, it's just the tinkering with the volumes. And that turned to be easy as hell; 2 channels of guitar, 4 channels of bass and my usual setup for drums.
So to sum the above; guitar is two times louder than the drums and bass is two times louder than the guitar and that's it.

One of the best soundscapes I've got so far. Enjoy the doom!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti