19/09/12

Choose (Between The Two)

Choose (Between The Two)

Oh man, this must be the oldest song so far... Damn, almost 10 years!
One of the good ones from the oldies I must say. And also this has one of the best samples I've made.

Mixing was once again bit hard because the samples bounce from one channel to another... What the hell was I thinking back then?! Had to use the "one compressor fits all"-style again on drums... And well, it didn't work too good on the bass drum. It surely can be heard when doing some double bassdrumming, but single kicks are hard to hear. And that's just not right.

The sound is kinda "muddy", that's because of the samples.
Don't know what's with the guitars as they seem to be pushed back in the soundscape, even when played alone. They might have some reverb, can't remember anymore. And I wonder why... :D

All in all, it's been just some years ago, well ok, five, when I realized for good that reverb is not your friend when recording guitars if you want them to be clear in the mix. That's the learning process here. :) I've learned stuff on my own while doing things. Does that make me a good at this? I don't know, but it makes me better for sure.

Oh, right, about the song... Well, the only thing here that bugs me is the bassdrum. Ok, so bass is also something not-too-audible... Don't know, maybe I should try to mix this again.

So, this seems to be another example of my work at mixing I'm not too happy with. I love the sound, but those couple things could be better.
Realized that I had a "day off" from this, maybe I should fix that by posting another song. :D

I love the sound and I like the song, hope you can enjoy it too.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti