27/09/12

Flashback

Flashback

Hooray! So, another post of a song that has nothing to do with mixing. :P
If I remember right, this is "as is". I think I didn't even touch the volume levels. Well... The sound works like that anyway.
I made another version with eq and compressor applied, but it really didn't sound as good as this one.

I've made thrash many times, and I've got one coming up, as I talked in the post of my methods and routines. The flashback here is the way this song is made:
I fired up DOSBox and ran Fast Tracker 2 in it. That tracker is the one I started to make music in 1999-2000. Back then I knew almost all of the effect parameters and well, everything there was to know to make songs smoothly. I moved on to Modplug Tracker and been using it for almost 10 years now.

As I made this song, well, I came to realize that I don't remember shit of FT2. :D
So, this song doesn't have any frills. It's just straightforward thrash and that's it.
Enjoy!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti